Wednesday 3 September 2008

First sponsorship

My first sponsorship has just been made (through the link on the left to justgiving.com.) - and can't believe how generous - £500 which with gift aid etc. comes out at £641-03. Many, many thanks for such a generous donation. It makes a huge difference, not just to the charity but to me personally. It made tonight's training run so much more worthwhile, and easier(!), and gives me extra motivation to pound out the miles in preparation.

Hopefully it will set a standard for others to follow. It wont need many more sponsors at this level to reach my target. I appreciate, however, that most people can't offer an amount like this and want to emphasise that every donation, no matter how much is really appreciated by me, and helps to encourage me, as well as by the children of Watamu, for whom any sponsorship, even £1, will make such a difference. Please dig deep.

No comments: