Wednesday 8 April 2009

DAY 2

Wow. What a fantastic day! We are eventually are up and running. It has been worth the wait. Won't go into too many details as time limited on computer.

Got to start line about 9 am and stood around shivering although temperature was 18 but a strong wind. I t was 10 before we set off. I don' think I have ev er felt so nervous as on the way to the start. We had been told that they were expecting more dropouts thyan any previous day. We were also told that when we saw the sand hills it would be frightening. Wrong on both counts.

I set off slowly but at 8.5 miles check point I speeded up as on flat ground like Tenerife. The last few miles were back in sand hills and quite tough b ut I felt really good and pushed on. Finished the 19.5 miles in 6 hours 17 and was 2nd back from our tent. Had a brew and cheesy cream pasta. Due to cook spag bol soon! Not sure what tomorrow will bring but feeling confident.

No comments: