Wednesday 8 April 2009

JOB DONE

Crossed the finishing line today having run the classical marathon distance of 26.2 miles. Hard going and took nearly 7 hours but beautiful day, very hot, spectacular scenery and of course lots of sand, stone trails, hills and on this occasion a river bed that was not dry, so had to wade through it.

Looking forward to getting back home and boring everyone with tales from the desert. It is quite difficult to take it all in at the moment but a huge sense of achievement, loads of memories and a bag full of emotions.

Tonight in the desert with a provided meal, wine and beer followed by an opera concert under the stars, so not a bad finale. Back to hotel tomorrow for a much needed shower and shave and a proper bed. Not home until Monday night.

Hopefully my achievement will raise more money for The Happy House Project in Watamu.

2 comments:

Dove Photography said...

I read about you doing this in the surgery today, and have enjoyed reading your account of the trials and tribulations. I will of course donate to your chosen charity, I just wanted you to know that I think this was an amazing achievement.
You and your family must be so proud.
Well Done.

Sheila Morris

simon said...

Well done Steve, I have also been trying to raise funds for the Happy House, makes my swim seem like a stroll in the park in comparison. I admire your guts and resolve, Outsanding achievement !!!
Simon