Friday 3 October 2008

Easy week and now for warm weather training

After my two hard runs and nearly 80 miles in a week, I decided to have a really easy recovery week and did no running. Plenty of walking instead - much to the delight of Della and BB (my boxer dogs). Did about 30 miles of walking and most of that with a rucksac weighing about 8 kgs to get me used to carrying my equipment.

This week have done some more running - despite the awful weather. Wednesday was a bad run and only did 4 miles and it was a real effort; just one of those days which happen from time to time. Thursday saw Cherith and me flying out to our apartment in Tenerife. Did 4 miles this morning and was back by 9a.m. but already getting very warm with clear blue skies. Looks like a really promising day. It was good to run out to the lighthouse and back and to be wearing shorts and vest only after the last few days at home. Will do another short run tomorrow and then planning two weeks of high mileage training in hot weather - although nothing like as hot as next March / April!

Blackpool Gazette ran an article about my run last week so hoping that will raise more awareness and hopefully more sponsorship.

Time to recover with a session of sunbathing by the pool with my iPod and book!

No comments: