Saturday 21 March 2009

(HEAT) TRAINING FINISHED AND GAITERS SORTED







Had my 4th and final session in heat chamber yesterday - and training now complete. Not planning anything more than a few walks during next week - will get no further benefit from training and need to rest as much as possible so that I am fresh and ready to go in 8 days time. The only thing I can achieve from more training at this stage is an injury - which is the last thing I want.

The last 2 sessions in the heat chamber saw the temperature increased to about 40 C and then yesterday 43 C at the maximum. Did 50 minute sessions and did just over 3 miles each time. I had packed my rucksack with everything I will be taking with me - somehow it all goes in - so it was a good test mimicking as far as possible what I will face when we get out there.

Have also got my shoes back - and what a difference. Sent them to Cobblers and Keys in Pontefract (www.shoehealer.co.uk). A really professional outfit. I sent the shoes on Monday and they were back with me on Thursday and I have every confidence the velcro will stay on and hopefully the gaiters will keep the sand out of my shoes.

The tickets have arrived for my flight - this is becoming very real!

3 comments:

Val Farrell said...

Since you showed me yours, I thought I would show you mine.

Val Farrell said...

oops here it is..

www.engage.blogspot.com

Val Farrell said...

at last;

www.jenico.blogspot.com