Thursday 19 March 2009

PUBLICITY AND SPONSORSHIP

Have managed to get some good publicity over the last few days which hopefully will help the sponsorship. The interview I did in Tenerife has resulted in an article on the front page and continued on page 11 of Island Connections

www.islandconnections.eu/1000003/1000017/0/96/pdf-edition.html

At the beginning of the week Blackpool Gazette also ran a good article and a photograph (no guesses as to who took the excellent picture!)

At the moment I am not able to find link but will add it when available.

Finally this morning I did a live interview with BBC Radio Lancashire and pre-recorded an interview to be used as part of a longer programme about Sue and David's work with the children of Watamu. There is an interview for approximately 6 minutes starting at 1 hour and 37 minutes into the programme at the following link.

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p002f0wb/Tony_Livesey_19_03_2009/

Sponsorship is continuing to go well. The Maya restaurant in Poulton, which produces consistently excellent food and which we visit most weeks, is running a competition with a prize of a meal for 4 and a second prize of a meal for two. Entry fee is £1 and the winner is the person who predicts my finishing time - I have given a guide of between 40 hours and 60 hours. Am not sure what we will do if I don't finish!

In addition Staining Lodge Golf Course whose golf course runs just by my house is running a similar competition with the prize a round of golf for four.

All adds to the total I hope to raise.

No comments: